Are you a U.S. exchange alumni with a great idea?
If you are a U.S. government-sponsored international exchange program alumni*, you can team up with other #ExchangeAlumni (team leaders must be non-U.S. citizen alumni) to apply for an Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) grant!
AEIF supports teams of alumni with grants from USD $10,000 up to USD $24,500 for public service projects that promote shared values and innovative solutions to global challenges.
Before you submit a proposal make sure you read and understand the call for applications:
Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF).
AEIF will prioritize funding projects that:
- Engage women and youth (ages 15 – 35) from underserved communities in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) based programs.
- Generate awareness and action on local conservation and ecological challenges.
- Address current health challenges with innovative and sustainable community focused solutions.
May 26, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Uruguay local time
- Applicants must be alumni of a U.S. government-funded exchange program or a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program.
- Projects teams must include teams of at least two (2) alumni.
- Alumni who are U.S. citizens may not submit proposals, but U.S. citizen alumni may participate as team members in a project.
- Alumni teams may be comprised of alumni from different exchange programs and different countries.
- Applications must be submitted by exchange alumni. Not-for-profit, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions are not eligible to apply in the name of the alumni but can serve as partners for implementing project activities. If the project is selected for funding, the grant could be issued to the partner NGO or governmental organization.
Allowable Activities and Costs:
AEIF 2021 can support the following costs and activities:
- Intra-regional or in-country transportation
- Rental of venues for project activities
- PPE and sanitizing equipment
- Meals/refreshments integral to the project (i.e. working lunch for a meeting)
- Reasonable costs to support virtual programming (i.e. subscription to Zoom, WebEx, camera/microphones for virtual meetings, mailing services, etc.)
- Trainer or speaker honoraria expenses (I.e. maximum $200/day fee, travel, lodging, per diem)
- Reasonable equipment and materials
- Communications and publicity materials, such as manuals or project advertisements
Ineligible Activities and Unallowable Costs:
AEIF 2021 does not support the following activities or costs, and the selection committee will deem applications involving any of these activities or costs ineligible:
- Any airfare to/from the United States and its territories
- Activities that take place in the United States and its territories
- Staff salaries, office space, and overhead/operational expenses
- Large items of durable equipment or construction programs
- Alcohol, excessive meals, refreshments, or entertainment
- Academic or scientific research
- Charitable or development activities
- Provision of direct social services to a population
- Individual scholarships
- Social travel/visits
- Gifts or prizes
- Duplication of existing programs
- Institutional development of an organization
- Venture capital, for-profit endeavors, or charging a fee for participation in project
- Support for specific religious activities
- Fund-raising campaigns
- Support or opposition of partisan political activity or lobbying for specific legislation
|Dates||Phase of the selection process|
|April 28 –May 26||The call is open for proposals|
|May 27 – June 11||PAS Montevideo will evaluate and select ONE proposal to recommend to the Alumni Affairs Office in Washington D.C. for funding consideration.|
|June 14||Alumni who submitted a proposal will be notified if they are moving forward with the process.|
|June 21||Finalist must submitted final proposal to PAS Montevideo.|
|June 25||Final proposal is submitted to Alumni Affairs Office in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Office of the Department of State in Washington D.C for funding consideration.|
Deadline and Application Forms:
Send these two documents to email@example.com before May 26 at 11:59 p.m. Uruguay local time.
Subject line must be: Final Proposal AEIF 2021
Questions about the grant application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please add in the subject line: Questions AEIF 2021
A questions and answers session will be held via zoom on Thursday, May 13 at 12:00 pm Uruguay local time to address inquiries from all potential applicants. If you want to attend this virtual meeting register yourself by sending an email to email@example.com (you will receive the information for the call once you send this email) and please include in the subject line: Q&A session AEIF 2021