Health Alert – U.S. Embassy, Montevideo, Uruguay (February 26, 2021)
Event: COVID-19 Vaccines in Uruguay
Uruguay has announced the launch of its National Coronavirus Vaccination Plan. Visit the Ministry of Public Health’s website for the latest guidance on the vaccine rollout (gub.uy/ministerio-salud-publica/coronavirus).
As a reminder, the United States Government has no plans to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. U.S. citizens traveling or residing overseas should follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccinations.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program so that the embassy can contact you with updated information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://uy.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Uruguay.
- Visit the Customs and Border Protection website for the latest travel restrictions to the United States.