U.S. Embassy Montevideo, Uruguay
Message to U.S. Citizens: Social Security Administration Visit to Montevideo
November 13, 2018
The U.S. Embassy in Montevideo is pleased to announce that representatives from the Regional Federal Benefits Unit will visit Uruguay on Friday, November 16, 2018 to offer services for beneficiaries or individuals with questions about U.S. Social Security and other federal benefits or have questions related to the Social Security Totalization Agreement.
We remind you that beneficiaries residing in Uruguay must complete their annual report to the Social Security Administration and you can complete the form at this event.
Where: BPS, Colonia 1921, esq. Fernández Crespo Room 1 on the 2nd floor
When: Friday, November 16, 2018
Please click here to schedule an appointment.
WHAT TO BRING FOR SOCIAL SECURITY SERVICES
(please bring legible copies of all documents to be submitted):
- Applying for Social Security Benefits: Bring originals and copies of the following for all applicants: Birth Certificate, passport – if applying for auxiliary benefits or survivor’s benefits marriage and/or death certificates.
- SSA Proof of Life Study: In 2018, SSA mailed the questionnaire to beneficiaries receiving their own benefits whose social security number ended in 00-49 and beneficiaries over the age of 90. Please bring copy of your passport and a completed SSA-7162
- Social Security Number Card Application: Bring a copy of your valid U.S. passport, Certificate of Birth Abroad or original birth certificate and completed form SS-5FS.
- Change of Address for Social Security: Bring your current passport.
- Medicare Part B Enrollment/Cancellation: To enroll in Medicare, you should complete and sign this CMS-40B and to cancel your enrollment please complete and sign this CMS-2690
The best way to contact the Regional Federal Benefits Unit is by using their online form here.
To learn more about the services offered visit the Regional Federal Benefits Unit.
We look forward to seeing you there!