Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy, Montevideo, Uruguay (March 24, 2020)
Event: All regularly scheduled commercial flights have been cancelled
All regularly scheduled commercial flights departing Uruguay have been cancelled. There is very limited availability on intermittent commercial flights. U.S. citizens should contact their airlines if they have purchased a ticket departing Uruguay. U.S. citizens whose flights have been cancelled and are seeking a flight to the U.S. should contact the embassy at MontevideoACS@state.gov. For each member of your group, please include: (1) name as it appears on passport, (2) date of birth, (3) U.S. passport number, (4) telephone number and WhatsApp number, (5) current location, and (6) special medical or other considerations.
All U.S. citizens in Uruguay should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain in Uruguay for an extended period of time.
U.S. Embassy Montevideo has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information https://uy.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services or send an email to MontevideoACS@state.gov. For emergency visa services, send an email to MontevideoVisas@state.gov.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice. For more information, visit the CDC’s website.
Actions to Take:
- Email MontevideoACS@state.gov if you would be interested in departing Uruguay if an option becomes available and enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program so that the embassy can contact you with updated information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see theCDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://uy.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Uruguay.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States