Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy, Montevideo, Uruguay (March 27, 2020)
Event: Last Programmed Flight
LATAM airlines has informed the Embassy of a flight departing Montevideo on Sunday, March 29, 2020, at 18:00 from Carrasco airport to Sao Paulo. Sao Paulo continues to have connecting flights to the United States. This is the last programmed flight the Embassy is aware of at present. Now is the time to depart Uruguay as there is no guarantee of future flights.
Please contact MontevideoACS@state.gov immediately if you wish to depart on the March 29 LATAM flight via direct purchase charter.
All U.S. citizens in Uruguay should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain in Uruguay for an extended period of time.
U.S. Embassy Montevideo has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information or send an email to MontevideoACS@state.gov. For emergency visa services, send an email to MontevideoVisas@state.gov.
If you previously registered in step.state.gov, please make sure to extend your end date through your account settings if you are still in Uruguay. This will ensure you continue to get the latest information from U.S. Embassy Montevideo.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice. For more information, visit the CDC’s website.
Actions to Take:
- Email MontevideoACS@state.gov if you would be interested in departing Uruguay if an option becomes available and enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program so that the embassy can contact you with updated information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://uy.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Uruguay.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States