Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy, Montevideo, Uruguay (July 27, 2020)
Event: Limited Flights Available (August 2020)
Amaszonas Airlines has informed the Embassy that they will offer limited flights on August 01 and 08 from Carrasco airport to Sao Paulo. For the moment, Sao Paulo has connecting flights on United Airlines to Houston and LATAM to Miami.
Please contact the Embassy travel agency partner to make a reservation: Romina Rodriguez (email@example.com), Buemes TMC, Phone: 29021050.
Please note that given the uncertainty of the situation, this information could change at any moment. Therefore, the Embassy urges all U.S. citizens who wish to depart Uruguay to make flight arrangements now.
All U.S. citizens in Uruguay should continue to prepare by ensuring they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain in Uruguay for an extended period of time.
U.S. Embassy Montevideo has suspended some routine consular services. For American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information or send an email to MontevideoACS@state.gov. For emergency visa services, send an email to MontevideoVisas@state.gov.
If you previously registered in step.state.gov, please make sure to extend your end date through your account settings if you are still in Uruguay. This will ensure you continue to get the latest information from U.S. Embassy Montevideo.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Pandemic Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program so that the embassy can contact you with updated information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 https://uy.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Uruguay.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.