Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy, Montevideo, Uruguay (Jan 19, 2021)
Event: Mandatory Pre-Departure COVID-19 Testing to Enter U.S.
All airline passengers (to include U.S. citizens and residents) aged two years and older who enter the United States on or after January 26 must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the United States may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish version).
For American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information or send an email to MontevideoACS@state.gov. For emergency visa services click here.
Actions to Take:
• Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program so that the embassy can contact you with updated information.
• For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
• Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://uy.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Uruguay.
• Visit the Customs and Border Protection website for the latest travel restrictions to the United States.