Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy, Montevideo, Uruguay (Jan 19, 2021)
Event: Mandatory Pre-Departure COVID-19 Testing to Enter U.S.
All airline passengers (to include U.S. citizens and residents) aged two years and older who enter the United States on or after January 26 must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the United States may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish version).
Actions to Take:
• Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program so that the embassy can contact you with updated information.
• For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
• Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://uy.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Uruguay.
• Visit the Customs and Border Protection website for the latest travel restrictions to the United States.