Emergency Contact Information for U.S. Citizens
The American Citizen Services Unit can assist if U.S. citizens in Uruguay are arrested, missing, or victims of violent crime, if they become ill or die, or where there is otherwise a need for immediate help.
- U.S. citizens with emergencies, please call 1770-2222.
- Outside of office hours, contact 1770-2311.
- From the United States, call 011-598-2-1770-2222 or 2311.
- Contact us via e-mail: MontevideoACS@state.gov
- Or visit the Embassy (Lauro Müller 1776, Montevideo)
Routine services such as passport renewals, consular reports of birth abroad, and notary services are not considered emergencies and are processed during regular business hours with an appointment previously scheduled using our Online appointment scheduling system.
Visa inquiries are not considered emergencies and they are answered by the Non-Immigrant Visa Unit.
For visa inquiries, please send an e-mail to MontevideoVisas@state.gov.