Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)

U.S. citizens or resident aliens living or traveling outside of the United States are generally required to file tax returns and pay estimated tax in the same way as those residing in the United States. Your income, filing status, and age generally determine whether you must file a return.

  • The IRS is implementing significant changes made to the ITIN program under the PATH Act of 2015. The new law means that any ITIN not used on a federal tax return at least once in the last three years will no longer be valid as of January 1, 2017 for use on a tax return unless the taxpayer renews the ITIN. In addition, all ITINs issued prior to 2013 will begin to expire this year and taxpayers will need to renew them.
  • The first pre-2013 ITINs that will expire are those with middle digits of 78 and 79 (Example: 9XX-78-XXXX). The renewal period for these ITINs began October 1, 2016. The IRS began to mail letters to this group of taxpayers in August to inform them of the need to renew their ITINs in order to file a tax return, and explain the renewal steps. The IRS will announce the schedule for expiration and renewal of ITINs that do not have middle digits of 78 and 79 at a future date.
  • If taxpayers have an expired ITIN, not renewed before filing a tax return next year, they might face a refund delay and be ineligible for certain tax credits, such as the Child Tax Credit and the American Opportunity Tax Credit, until they renew the ITIN. More information is available on the ITIN page at

For more information on U.S. tax issues, please consult the IRS web site. You can find additional information for taxpayers residing overseas at the IRS’s International Taxpayer Site.

1040 Abroad
Contact: Olivier Wagner
340 S Lemon Ave #1021
Walnut, CA 91789
Tel: +1-718-275-3821
Description: 1040 Abroad is specialized in the preparation of tax filings for U.S. citizens living abroad.

Artio Partners, CPAs & Advisors
980 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
Tel: +1-312-235-2167
Description: Artio Partners is a Chicago-based CPA firm with a niche expertise in preparing tax returns for Americans living abroad (US citizens and green card holders). We use a secure client portal and charge flat fees for our services.

Contact: Greg Dewald
244 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10001
Tel: +1-212-465-2528
Description: Bright!Tax is an online US expat tax preparation company for the 6 million Americans who are living abroad. Our level of online service is over the top and our focus on precision and applying exacting methods takes the worry and the hassle out of filing your U.S. expat taxes. All CPAs. Secure. Precise. Guaranteed.

Echevarria Leunda & Echevarria Petit
Andes 1365/901 – ZC.11000
Montevideo, Uruguay
Tel: (598) 2901-4010, 2901-3893 and 2900-0400
Fax: (598) 2902 2777

Rick Gray, CPA
Global Tax Service
P.O. Box 9679
Columbia, SC 29290-0679
Courier Address: 9700C Caughman Rd.
Columbia, SC 29209
Tel: +1-803-695-9310
Fax: +1-803-695-2348
E-mail: or
Description: specializing in tax advice and return preparation for us taxpayers overseas. Representation services with the IRS on clients’ behalf available.

Ada Holcberg
Arapey 1397, apt. 013
Montevideo, Uruguay
Tel: (598-2) 2209-2635 or 098 637 053
Description: Advice on U.S. taxes and immigration. 

Online Taxman
Contact: Vincenzo Villamena
85 E End Ave Suite 9G
New York, NY 10028
Tel: +1-855-OTAXMAN (1-855-682-9626)
Description: U.S CPA firm focusing on U.S. Expats and Non Residents with US interests. Free consultation with a CPA with no obligation. Expert Advice. Personalized Service. Painless.

I.J. Zemelman, EA
Taxes for Expats
121 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10016
Tel: +1-646 EXPAT-US

Mansoor Suhail
Tax Consultant for Canada and the United States of America
(BSBA – ICIA – RA) A-20, 2655 Lawrence Avenue
East Scarborough, ON, M1P 2S3 – Canada
Phone: +416-283-8774
Description: Member of NATP (National Association of Tax Professionals) with a valid PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number), able to handle taxation issues for individuals (expatriate) and businesses to include Sole Proprietors, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, S and C Corporations (Domestic and International tax issues).Completed courses: “Taxation of Individuals”,” International Tax”, “Buying, Selling and Exchange of Real Estate”. 

Randall Brody, EA (Enrolled Agent), MBA, CCP
Tax Samaritan
4894 W. Lone Mountain Rd #164
Las Vegas, NV 89130
Phone: 702-350-1050
Description: As an overseas resident, there are many opportunities for tax savings but also many risks. Tax Samaritan has the experience and knowledge of the tax code to guide you through the complex expatriate tax preparation process, including, but not limited to the foreign earned income exclusion, foreign tax credit and reporting your foreign financial accounts on the FBAR. We offer a simple and straightforward process to save you time and money.

US Expat Tax Preparation & Strategy
Contact: MiklosCPA
1613 Chelsea Road 228
San Marino, CA 91108, USA
Phone: 866-397-6184
Description: MiklosCPA provides personalized service in US tax preparation and consulting for American Expats living and working abroad, foreign individuals, and businesses who are subject to US tax laws including FBAR and FATCA reporting. Contact us for a free consultation to find the right solution for you.

Stacy D. Collier, MPA, CPA
PO Box 1278, Columbus, Texas 78934
Phone: 346-231-1195

American Expat Tax Services Inc.
576 N Birdneck Road #185
Virginia Beach, VA 23451 USA
Phone: 1-888-243-9992
Fax: 1-888-958-2367
Description: We have over 30 years of US income tax experience. Our sole focus is assisting American Expats with their US filing requirements including 1040s, Corporations, PFICs and FBAR reporting. Expat tax returns are very complex so our team quality checks every return to make sure its accurate. We also provide advice on renouncing citizenship.