CALL FOR PROPOSALS
U.S. Embassy Montevideo Rapid Response Project Grants 2021 – Honoring the contributions of the African diaspora
The U.S. Embassy in Montevideo announces a rapid response grant call for proposals from Uruguayan organizations to implement virtual or in person projects in Uruguay that focus on the contributions of the Afro Uruguayan community or other afro descendant groups in Uruguay. Specifically, the U.S Embassy seeks projects that support Afro Uruguayans’ or Afro descendent participation in the labor market in Uruguay through increased preparedness and competitiveness. Projects that support workforce development and combating discriminatory hiring practices or target employment training in low income or immigrant/refugee afro communities will be prioritized. Learn more and apply here.
- What the U.S. Embassy in Montevideo is offering
WHAT THE U.S. EMBASSY IN MONTEVIDEO IS OFFERING
Organizations/institutions can access grant funding to respond to the impact. The U.S. Embassy will fund projects up to US$2500.- for projects with an immediate implementation plan and that will make a positive social change and support contributions of the Afro Uruguayan community or other afro descendant groups in Uruguay. Projects may be virtual or in-person and must support workforce development and combating discriminatory hiring practices or target employment training in low income or immigrant/refugee afro communities will be prioritized.
- Projects should be specific and time-bound, and the applicant should be able to complete the main goals of the project within three months.
- Regional projects and projects with the main audience in the interior of Uruguay are encouraged.
- Total funds available for this call: $2.500.
- Open call until September 10, 2021.
- The application can be found here.
- Applicants must be from a local institution, non-government organization (NGO), or government office. Preference will be given to proposals from organizations who have as a key objective to empower and support the Afro-Uruguayan community.
- The U.S Embassy in Montevideo strongly supports cooperative approaches to shared challenges. Preference will be given to proposals submitted by two or more organizations submitting as a team. These projects can be awarded up to $5,000.
- Applicants may apply as individuals or as a team.
- APPLY NOW HERE.